- Provide creative, original solutions that help my clients fulfill their sales, marketing, and branding goals
- Contribute my extensive experience, knowledge and skills in marketing and communications (print, digital, and motion media) to the management and guidance of a creative, state of the art organization
- Provide compelling sales support
- Serve as a mentor: create a working education path and develop creative talent at all levels of applicable media from beginner to post graduate; assuring inspired, high-quality work from the entire team
December 2005 – Present
Creative Director, Kennedy Global
Responsible for the creative product of the company, as well as the management of the Creative Services Department which includes proposal and estimate approval and oversight, staff time management and department profitability. My duties include overseeing the efforts of the full design and creative writing staff in such broad disciplines as print and identity development, interactive and web development as well as video and strategic business messaging and curriculum development for such clients as Nike (USA/Worldwide and Europe), Intel, Adidas, Luxottica Retail (Sunglass Hut, Target Optical and LensCrafters), Unilever (Europe), Aegon, and NEC-Philips (Europe).
March 2000 – December 2005
Art Director/Interactive Group, CMD Agency
Provided strong leadership in the areas of creative concept development, visual concept work to tailor messaging to intended target audience. I also provided budgeting input and managed creative teams for a broad variety of communication vehicles including print, web and CD-ROM with the primary focus on interactive media. Duties also involved consultation on brand identity guidelines for such clients as Intel and Hewlett Packard.
1997 – March 2000
Art Director, New Interactive, Inc. (Currently called “TNG”)
Led creative teams in web design, multimedia CD-ROM, kiosk displays and printed media. My involvement on any given project included creative concept development with client, budget estimation, initial/overall art direction, artwork development and initial application construction and prep for engineering and/or print production. Clients included such companies as Microsoft, Tektronix, Intel, Hewlett Packard, ADC Wireless, Fred Meyer, Freightliner Trucks, Wacom, and others.
Oregon State University, BFA Degree, Visual Arts
- Ability to identify and develop creative strategies that accurately pinpoint the target audience and effectively deliver the client’s message and desired experience to that audience
- Extensive experience directing and mentoring others (designers, photographers, etc.) in a team environment
as well as coordinating with outside vendors (printers, freelance designers/illustrators, etc.)
- Establishing budgets and deadlines to best meet client needs
- Ability to manage numerous tasks at one time
- Adept at troubleshooting communications and production problems and developing effective solutions
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC platforms utilizing such software as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Flash, Dreamweaver, Articulate Storyline, WordPress and others, in addition to a strong working knowledge of multiple interactive/web-based technologies